CESBA Award for sustainable neighborhoods 2019
This award is part of the European project CESBA-MED, in which the Generalitat de Catalunya participates as a member responsible for capitalization. The main purpose of this project is the creation of a system for evaluating the sustainability of urban areas and neighborhoods and is funded through the ERDF fund for interregional cooperation of the European Union through the Interreg Mediterranean Program.
The purpose of this award is to disseminate and capitalize the tools and methodologies developed for this project to evaluate and describe the sustainability of urban areas. All urban areas (cities, districts, neighborhoods, etc.) of the European territory (whether or not they are members of the EU) can fulfill their candidatures that meet at least 3 of the following requirements:
– The limits are streets, natural elements and legal limits
– Surface area between 40,000 m2 and 160,000 m2
– Area that can be crossed on foot in 10-15 minutes
– Grouping between 5 and 15 buildings
– Between 200 and 1,500 inhabitants
The procedure for participation is as follows
– Fill out the registration form that you will find on the following link: https://www.cesba.eu/neighborhood-award.
– You will receive an email with a link to an online application submission form and description of the urban area. Once you have completed this procedure successfully, you will receive the calculation guide for the indicators and the template where you will have to enter your calculation results by email. In addition, you will also have to present the following materials:
o Plane of the surface of the urban area, at scale 1: 1000 and 1: 10,000 (size: A4; quality: minimum 300 dpi; format: pdf, jpg or png)
or 4 images or renderings of the urban area (size: A5; quality: minimum 300 dpi; format: pdf, jpg or png)
or Calculation of KPIs (with the template provided)
o Images and graphics free of rights to be published
– The template with the results, together with the images and the surface plan, must be sent, by email, to the following address: office@CESBA.eu. The delivery period ends on February 17, 2018, in accordance with the basis of the prize.
– Throughout the period of preparation of your candidature you will have technical support from the project.
You can find the bases and the documentation of the Prize in the web of the department of territory Department of Territory and Sustainability, and also in the web of CESBA https://www.cesba.eu/neighborhood-award.
If in doubt, you can contact the European Projects Evaluation and Monitoring Unit of the Department of Territory and Sustainability of the Generalitat de Catalunya on the phone number 93 228 72 94 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.